Being a unique, stylish couple can be the biggest blessing but also the biggest curse. Knowing what you want for your day feels so amazing, but along the way there will always be a little bit of compromise; from finding amazing decor pieces which are never ‘just up the road’ or are completely unaffordable to venue restrictions and family just not getting what you’re trying to achieve.
Doughnut Lab : Uber cool local Norfolk company with Doughnuts to die for!
Getting your day, your way can feel like climbing a giant mountain. Don’t get disheartened, work out what’s truly important and a must-have for the day and put your efforts into making it a reality. I truly believe having a group of perfect wedding suppliers that have your back makes the whole thing so much easier. But how do you find them?!…
– Smaller, cooler and on-point suppliers can take some finding; don’t stop on page 1 of google, keep scrolling and using different search terms. Depending on your style or what you’re looking for, there’s always more than one way to search : Prop hire, Wedding decor, Event hire, Venue decor…
– Go social and search Instagram # and get really specific with those tag searches. Try searching more local tags to you e.g ‘#NorfolkWedding’, ‘NorwichWedding’ or # your local venues name to see who’s been there. I found our wedding DJ’s on Instagram through a photographers page who had commented on their photo, it really works!
– Facebook stalk, I mean really stalk! Look at pages liked by the pages you have liked already, be sure to get notifications from your favourite suppliers as collaborations they work on with local wedding folk could be right up your street.
– Check out cool wedding fair supplier lists : The Most Curious Fair’s directory is amazing for a pool of local, cool suppliers. Godwick Barn’s wedding fair in the Autumn also boasts some really quirky wedding suppliers too.
– Talk to suppliers you have booked for their recommendations. If you’re clicking with a supplier you’ve booked it’s more than likely you’ll have lots in common and they’ll know a heap of other suppliers you’d love. I’m always happy to help our couples stuck in a search rut.
– Just please don’t rush into booking a supplier out of desperation! Check them out across all their social sites, FB, IG, Pinterest and Twitter to see if you’re on the same page. When you get your suppliers right it will be a total joy and a breeze.
Dust with Cocoa : Creative local cake company that we’re crushin’ on.
(Both the pictured suppliers are going to be at The Most Curious wedding fair in Norwich on the 20th March next month, we’re so flipping’ excited about this show. Be sure to keep an eye on our Instagram as plans and prep take shape!)
How is your supplier search going?
The Little Lending Co. X