Ever wanted to try a DIY that would totally transform your wedding into the realms of really flipping cool? Do not move.
Wether you’re looking for a boho backdrop for the ceremony or something rad to hang behind the cake table this is just spot on. It’s so beautifully bohemian and completely on trend.
I met the lovely Betina on the styling for Most Curious Wedding fair, we dressed the catwalk in a Palm Springs theme. Mid-centrury furniture, crochet hanging panels, plastic flamingoes and bright rugs…but it was this hanging macrame from Betina I could not stop ogling over.
This is not a quick DIY, so be a little patient as it’s totally worth every minuite knotting. I’m going to hand over to Betina who writes the most gorgeous interiors blog; Frida + Florentina. To make this lots simpler Betina has colour coded the strings in an easy step-by-step guide. Give it a go why don’t you…
1. Tie four strands together.
2. Take the outer right strand (green) and pass it to the left side over the other middle two strands. Take the outer left strand (blue) and pass it underneath the green strand, behind the middle strands, and over the green strand on the other side.
3. Pull the two strands tight. Now you just reverse what you did in the first step.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 with four more strands to make another knot right next to your first knot. Bring the two rightmost strands of the first knot to make a new group with the leftmost two strands of the second knot.
5. Repeat your basic knot with the new group by taking the outer right strand (pink) and passing it to the left side over the middle two strands. Take the outer left strand (purple) and pass it underneath the pink strand, behind the middle strands, and over the pink strand on the other side.
6. Pull the two strands tight. Now reverse the first step.
7. Divide the middle group of strands by moving the two leftmost strands left and the two rightmost strands right. Repeat the basic knot with both the groups and continue this process until you have done as many rows as you would like.
Well how did you go?…Got yourself hooked on neatly knotting?
Snap of the catwalk at #AMCWF with the hanging backdrop sat along side hanging ferns and spider plants. Perfection.
Photography by Seahaze Photography.
We’re talking sweetly to Betina about her creating a bespoke hanging macrame piece for our range if DIY isn’t your bag. We urge you to watch this space.
Huge thanks to Betina for this rad tutorial, for more wonderfully colourful interiors and DIY ideas head to her blog – http://www.fridaflorentina.com
The Little Lending Co. x