So you’re styling your own wedding and looking to give it all the Pinterest worthy details you can? Then read on below with our tips for nailing all the W-day decor details that will make your day as magical as you imagined.
1. Group your decor. A tip I give to all of my couples for maximum impact. Sounds pretty simple, but but grouping lots of your decor pieces together or tripling the small details in a focal area you’re going to get a huge ‘WOW’ reaction over spacing it through the venue.
Image via Little Deer Florist.
2. Make the place settings pretty special. It can be costly if you’re adding lots of detail to each and every setting, but sometimes something personal for each guest or a simple fresh herb sprig tied to their menu choices shows you thought about them and their experience of your day.
Image source 100 Layer cake.
3. Prioritise your decor. You probably can’t have it all so don’t try. Go for the ‘cant-live-without’ focal impact piece but then work to your venues strengths for the other smaller decor details.
Image via Green Wedding shoes.
4. Pre-assemble as much as you can on your decor before the day before. Adding string to hanging decor, wrapping favours, grouping table names cards and writing signage can be done before arriving at your venue. It’s going to mean more time to chill to the max the night before.
Image via Wedding Playbook.
5. Keep continuity with your decor materials. I’m not saying stick to just one type of flower vessel and candle holder through the whole venue but if you have a key material or mix of materials then use them elsewhere from the tables onto the bar, cake table and beyond to keep your look consistent and thought through.
Image source 100 Layer Cake.
Styling your own day? Let us know if our tips will come in handy for your day-before set up plans.
If you’re hoping to do a bit more chilling the day before we’d love to help make it a breeze. More on our styling services here.
The Little Lending Co. x